Tuesday, September 25, 2007

3rd Assignment

Poem #1
When I was a little girl,
there were no worries in my world.
Drawing and painting,
kindergarden.
Baking cookies in the oven.
Couldn't wait to be older,
I wanted these days to be over.
Thinking it would be more fun,
thinking I could do whatever I want.
Now I know it's not what I thought. It's really not.
Life has rules.
Life has regulations.
The older you grow,
the more you must know.
People expect more of you.
On your own, true friends so few.
Now I wish I was five,
not worrying about what I'm going to do for the rest of my life.
Recess and playtime,
Nothing on my mind.
Running around with no care, and so much time.

Poem #2
Blankets sprawled over the floor,
beenie babies lined against the door.
The act of revenge, commencing attack,
Dammage is done by a strawberry sack.
I knew right then, I would not surrender,
the princess was hiding. Safe, down under.
Then, I witnessed something that made me quite upset.
My big brother, the person I look up to, destroyed the set.

2 comments:

Carol Weeps said...

Both of themn are AWESOME! Especially hte way you spelled "kindergarden"... I think it is kindergarten, but your way fits you poem better.

Jordin said...

#1
1.The poem is about how life was so simple when we were kids and now its too complicated
2. I really like the last line
"Running around with no care, and so much time" because its a good strong last line. It shows how you wish life was.
3. the line "On your own, true friends so few" i think its has too many words

#2
1.I think its about how your brother ruined all your fun when you were younger
2."I knew right then, I would not surrender" is the most vivid because it shows emotion
3."the princess was hiding. Safe, down under" could use more work i think its too rigid

4.I like the first one because i often wish that i was a kid and could just play