Tuesday, September 18, 2007

ASSIGNMENT #2

I first got introduced to Bright Eyes by my friend Steph. She sent me a song about a month or two ago and I became addicted ever since. I love the song "I will be grateful for this day". I feel like I chose it because of the way it sounds, but the lyrics are good too i guess. I dont know, it's just amazing. I just feel like some of the lines are powerful. Like, "I had a friend who changed his name but couldn't change himself. Never quite figured out how to do with what life had dealt. He put a needle in his arm to calm his handsome hell. Who would have imagined it? Could've worked out so well. Now he's a shape that moves like echoes through my empty room." This passage is about a guy who didn't like himself so he injected himself with drugs and overdosed. Prompt: Have you ever felt you had to change yourself for other people?

4 comments:

Rima H said...

Actually i have changed myself to fit in with other people. When i was younger i was a tomboy but one afternoon, after school my sister made fun of me how i didn't have any friends and how i had a lot of boyfriend. so the next day i went to school with a dress on and tried to talk to the girls in my class about barbies, carebear, strawberry shortcake, hair and dresses

Rimma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rimma said...

ok, i rememeber in elementary school i had to change myself a little bit so that i could fit in. but most of the changes came naturally because i was changing as a person anyways. for example, when i came to edina in 4th grade my parents saw changes in me right away. i wanted to dress different, cut my hair different and i even began to talk like my new friends. but i also think that part of that was just me growing and adapting to my surroundings.

Jordin said...

When I was in elementary school and middle school, there was pressure to always have the right clothes or the right stuff. I think that people change over time but that changing for the wrong reasons is bad