Friday, January 18, 2008

1. The strengths of personal essays for me is that I'm writing about a memory that I had, so I already know what my ideas are, and I don't have to take a ton of time making up crap. It's much easier to write about something you experienced. The weakness is sometimes remembering what happend. Or, making it longer and more descriptive. Like I said before, it's much easier to write something that you experienced than writing fiction, because you have to make something up and it takes way longer. No, I would never write a personal essay on my own time.

2. Reading is so crucial to a writer because it helps the writer develope vocabulary. They learn to be more descriptive by reading other people's work and getting ideas and stuff. Reading also broadens your imagination. If you never have any ideas, you could read and one thing will lead to another. Something will remind you of something else, and then you'll be like "Wow! I know what I want to write about! Blah Blah Blah I love imagination" So yeah reading is really important for alot of reasons, but mainly because it helps your vocabulary, they learn to be more descriptive, and it brodens your imagination. yay!

3. My favorite peice that I've written in creative writing would probably be one of my poems. Probably the one where I wrote about beanie babies and my brother. It was sweet. It was my favorite peice because it was my favorite memory as a child. My favorite writing genre is poems because they're really easy and I really like to rhyme. The greatest challange to write was the play. I really didn't like it because it was sooo hard. I didn't understand how to start it, and I still don't. Like, how do you introduce the scene? I don't get it, and probably never will. I don't care for my play or my short story. Neither of them made any sense. I tried to write them good, but it really didn't work, especially for the ending. I feel like I don't know how to end a story. They always end with no point, or they don't make any sense.

4.Quiz
Coke or Pepsi: pepsi
Li'l Wayne or Little Debbie: li'l wayne
McDonald's or Arby's: arbys
Chiptole or Taco Bell: Can't decide. They're both DELICIOUS
American Idol or MTV: MTV
Buffalo Wings or Florida: FLorida
New York City or Los Angeles: NYC
Name you like for your future daughter: Charlie or Peach. you think im joking, but im not
Name you like for your future son: Kyle or Pear
What is or what will be the first country you see outside the continent of North America: France
Disney movie you would be most likely to watch on your 21st birthday: Thumbelina

No comments: