Thursday, December 20, 2007

Luigi Pirandello, playwright: "A man will die, a writer, the instrument of creation: but what he has created will never die!"

1. Theme is really important. If you didn't have theme, I feel like it would be just a pointless story.
"Without theme, life sucks." - jordin.
A peice of litterature needs to express an idea to be great. What would it with no idea? Nothing. For example, the movie Ghost Rider. There's no point to it. No theme and no plot. It's pointless and boring. If it had a theme to it, the movie would be so much better!

2. In order for great literary work to live forever, they have to be able to be related to. A peice of writing is boring if you can't relate it to. When I read a book, I can't even understand it unless it relates to me. I would never be able to write something that lasts that long. I'm not planning on being a writer anyway so it's ok. But if I did write a book, it would only last like a year.

3. If I could change the world, I would want to create peace. I would make it so there were no more problems, no more wars, nothing to worry about in the world. I feel like too many people worry about too many things every day of their lives. Worrying about school, work, friends, family, where their going to sleep tonight, how their going to get their job back, or why their wife doesn't love them anymore. If I could somehow make this change, there would be definate peace.

No comments: